Herby Baked Ricotta
- olive oil
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese*
- 1 FGF pasture raised egg
- 3 tbsp FGF Seasoning of choice suggestions listed below
- zest of a lemon, finley grated
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced optional
- ¼ cup thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- ground paprika for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small/medium oven safe baking dish with the olive oil.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, FGF Seasoning, lemon zest, garlic, tomatoes (if using) and pepper. Mix well and add salt. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with paprika and a drizzle of oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top puffs up slightly and the mixture is hot and bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with crackers or veggies. FGF Seasoning Suggestions: Pesto Seasoning Garlic-Garlic Seasoning Herbs de Provence Zesty Herb Seasoning Italian Seasoning Spinach Dip * The ricotta needs to be well drained, if not your end product will be soupy. If there is any liquid on top of your ricotta pour it off instead of mixing it in.