Wild Rice and Chorizo Soup
- 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup Wild Rice Vegetable Soup Mix available at the Market on the Farm
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb FGF Chorizo Sausage
- Place 1 cup of soup mix into a mesh colander and rinse with water, then let drain.
- Combine the bone broth, tomatoes and soup mix together in a pot. Bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer 45-60 minutes. Add water as necessary. NOTE: If you are using frozen bone broth add it to the pot first and heat it until mleted then add the tomatoes and soup mix.
- In a frying pan, brown the sausage.
- After simmering for 45 minutes, add the sausage into the soup pot and continue to simmer until the rice/veggies are tender.
- Serve and top with shredded cheese!