This class will teach you the basics of growing your own herb and vegetable plants by seed starting. You will take home a sown flat of your choice of herbs and/or vegetable seeds to tend in your setting. This is a very hands on class and you will get a chance to make and formulate various potting soils and have practice sowing seeds.
Saturday, March 10 2018, 12-5 pm
Includes a sown flat of plants, handouts, and herbal teas & appetizers.
$65 per person
Special Discount Offers-
*Family price $100, includes four take home sown seed flats.
*Bring a friend price $100, must be paid in one transaction. Each person gets to sow a flat to take home.
- Making, mixing and understanding soil science and organic/natural amendments.
- The basics of growing from seed including plant container choices, light needs and grow lights, climate, temperatures, tips & techniques for seeds that require special treatments (stratification, scarification, light dependent germinators).
- Growing the seedling out to transplant size and hardening off.
- Seed storage and seed saving.
- Growing micro-greens and sprouts.