Cheesy Stuffed Shells
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 box jumbo shells
- 1 jar your favorite tomato sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp FGF Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp FGF Dried Nettle (optional) or 2 cups of cooked and cut finely fresh nettle leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the shells according to package directions. Drain and cool on a sheet pan. Set aside.
- Mix together the ricotta, half the mozzarella, half the parmesan, basil, pasley, nettle, FGF Italian Seasoning and salt & pepper.
- Fill the shells.
- Grease a 9×13 in. baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with a thin layer of the red sauce. Arrange the shells (opening up), cover with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
I often make double and triple batches and freeze a dish for later use.