Homemade Pumpkin Purée
Super easy! 🎃
- 1 pumpkin pie not a regular pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the pumpkin in half. Scrape out the the seeds. (Save these for making Thyme Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. Put them in a colander and rinse until all the strings are gone & then pat dry.)
- Place the halves of the pumpkin, skin side up, on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast until the pumpkin is very soft (45-60 mins).
- Cool until you can touch the pumpkin. Gently peel the the skin off of the pumpkin flesh.
- Then slice the skinned pumpkin into sections.
- Add the sections to a food proccesor or blender and Purée until very smooth!
- Use right away, refrigerate (will last for a few days) or freeze. Our favorite way to freeze is to use the 1 cup Souper Cubes. It makes it very easy to defrost and portion out for furture recipes.
Pumpkins (seasonally) and Souper Cubes are available at the Market on the Farm