Instant Pot Cheesy Ranch & Bacon Potatoes
- 2 lbs gold potatoes diced into 1 inch cubes
- 8 slices bacon or prosciutto
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 tbsp FGF Ranch Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced fermented garlic gives this recipe great flavor!
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded freshly shredded cheese melts the best because they use anti-caking agents on pre-shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 scallions, chopped
- extra scallions, Ranch Seasoning, bacon, sour cream, or parsley for garnish
- Turn on the sauté function on the instant pot. Fry the bacon or prosciutto until crisp then remove the bacon from the pot and blot it on paper towels to remove the excess grease. Once cooled, crumble and set aside.
- Turn off the sauté function. Pour in the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the instant pot to deglaze.
- Add FGF Ranch Seasoning, garlic, and pepper stir until combined.
- Add the cubed potatoes to your seasoned broth and mix well. Set your instant pot to cook for 7 minutes on high pressure. When cook time is finished, use the quick release to release the pressure.
- While the potatoes are cooking, shred the cheese.
- Once all the pressure has released, open the lid and scoop out about ½ a cup of the liquid (this will keep the potatoes from being too soupy). Finish by adding the shredded cheese, scallions, sour cream, and crumbled bacon/prosciutto. Stir until the cheese is melted and everything is well combined. Sprinkle with extra scallions and enjoy hot!