Pumpkin Fruit Roll-Ups
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (2 souper cubes, defrosted) Souper Cubes available at the Market on the Farm
- 4 cups applesauce, unsweetened or cinnamon available at the Market on the Farm
- 1-2 tbsp honey available at the Market on the Farm
- ½-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or use cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
- In a large bowl, blend together the pumpkin and apple. (If using frozen pumpkin puree or applesauce, thaw and drain excess liquid using cheesecloth.)
- Add the honey and spices. Taste and adjust sweetness and pie spice to your preferences as all apples and pumpkins will vary in sweetness and flavor. Remember, the water will evaporate so the flavors will intensify. If it tastes sweet now, it will taste sweeter when dried.
- Pour mix onto a dehydrator sheet or parchment paper (not wax paper!) on your dehydrator tray. Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread mix from one corner to the other about 1/4 inch thick. Get it as smooth and even as possible. Place in dehydrator and dry at 135°F for 8-10 hours.
Tips to know when your fruit leather is done:
To test for doneness, press the leather with flat fingers. If your hand leaves an indentation, it is not ready.
If the leather feels moist or sticky, it is not ready. It will be slightly tacky from the honey, but it should not feel wet at all.
If it pulls off the parchment paper easily, it is done. If parts stick, it is not done.
Look for color variations, wet spots may be much lighter or much darker in color.