Lavender Ricotta Drop Cookies
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 FGF pasture raised eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 6 tbsp butter room temperture
- 4½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- lavender powder a little goes a long way so start small and add until desired taste
- natural food coloring optional
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla. Add eggs one at a time until creamy and fluffy. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and add to the creamed butter mixture, alternating with the ricotta cheese. Mix well.
- Drop by the teaspoonsful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees until just cooked and starting to brown on the bottom. Do not let the top of the cookie get brown.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth and the right consistency for spreading on the cookies when they have cooled.
TIP: These cookies keep great in the freezer.