Servings: 4 people
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese, sharp Cheddar or Mexican blend
- 4 tbsp butter
- FGF Southwest Seasoning
- sour cream for garnish
- salsa for garnish
- guacamole for garnish
- Lay the tortillas flat on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle some of the cheese on 1 half of each tortilla. Try not to get it too close to the edge. Then sprinkle a light dusting of FGF Southwest Seasoning on to the cheese in each tortilla. Fold the tortillas in half over the cheese to make a half-moon.
- Warm a skillet over low heat and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the tortilla to the skillet and cook until it is lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, gently lift the edge so you can check. When 1 side is brown, turn the tortilla over and cook the other side until brown and the cheese is all gooey. Use a spatula to transfer to individual plates or a large platter.
- Repeat with remaining butter and tortillas.
- Top them with the sour cream, salsa or guacamole.
Tip: add in FGF ground beef, FGF ground chorizo or FGF shredded chicken for some extra flavor!