Sweet-n-Sour Cabbage Salad
Servings: 1 half gallon canning jar
- 1 head white cabbage
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar, nettle vinegar or chickweed vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bunch dill finely chopped
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tsp FGF fennel seeds
- 2 tsp mustard, ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and remove the hard core. Then slice the cabbage very finely.
- Heat vinegar in a pan over low heat and then add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Allow this to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, fresh dill, FGF fennel seeds, oil, garlic, ground mustard, salt and pepper. Then add the vinegar and sugar mixture and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Store in a covered jar overnight to let the flavors infuse. This recipe gets better after a few days as the flavors blend. Will keep for 2 weeks.