Thyme Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
fresh pumpkin seeds may be used, be sure to wash and dry them first
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½-1 tsp thyme
- ¼ salt
- ¼ pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread foil or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the seeds are toasted. Cool on pan before transferring to dish or container.
- Use pumpkin seeds as a snack, add to salads or casseroles, great for a muffin or bread topping.
- 1 oz. of roasted pumpkin seeds (about 140 seeds) contains 1 gram of fiber and 148 calories.
- Pumpkin seeds contain high amounts of chlorophyll, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and carotenoids.
- Pumpkin seeds contain mostly monounsaturated fat which does not raise blood cholesterol
- Thyme is a warming herb that supports the lungs, spleen, kidneys, bladder, and heart. Relieves lung congestion (expectorant properties), soothes digestion, and an antioxidant.