Yellow Split Pea Soup
- 2 cups dried yellow split peas, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp FGF Zesty Herb Seasoning
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Place split peas in a pot with water and bay leaves. Cover, simmer on medium-low for 45 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, and red bell pepper. Add the FGF Zesty Herb Seasoning, rosemary and sea salt. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to get tender.
- Add the vegetables to the cooked split peas. Then add the stock, stir well and simmer on low heat until the vegetables are desired softness. Add the parsley, wine vinegar, and salt & pepper. You can puree the soup with blender or an immersion blender if you want or serve chunky style.